COVID-19 Video Production – Live Action Filming Safety Plan in accordance with APA
On the 10th May 2020, the Government announced that work that cannot be done at home can now take place as long as social distancing measures are put in place. This means that with careful planning we can begin to film live action projects once more whilst COVID-19 restrictions are still in place..
Below are the strict measures that all GEM crew, talent and clients will follow going forwards for live action filming as part of our video production services.
- A full risk assessment will be carried out with the client to ensure that the shoot can take place safely.
- All pre-production meetings will take place by video call.
- All filming locations including client offices, studios and external spaces must be large enough for crew, talent and clients to obtain a 2m distance from each other throughout set-up, filming and de-rigging.
- If a location already has social distancing measures in place, all crew, talent and clients will follow guidelines.
- Where possible open areas such as atriums or open plan offices should be utilised, or the shoot should take place outdoors if at all possible.
Cast and Crew
- No-one who is considered vulnerable or at-risk should be included in the video production.
- Anyone whose household includes someone who is vulnerable or at-risk should also undertake their own risk assessment before agreeing to take part.
- Only GEM crew will have contact with video production equipment.
- All equipment will be cleaned before and after filming.
- Boom mics will be used on all shoots to ensure we maintain social distancing and if a lavalier mic is required this will need to be self-applied.
- Crew, talent and client representatives to travel to the location individually and by car, avoiding public transport where possible.
- If public transport must be used then social distancing must be observed and a face covering used.
- All crew and talent will undertake hand washing upon arrival at the location and continue this routinely throughout the shoot.
- Crew will also carry hand sanitiser in case hand washing facilities are not available.
- Any surfaces that crew have touched will be thoroughly cleaned before leaving the premises.
- Crew will wear medical gloves throughout the shoot if deemed necessary i.e. within an office environment where surfaces may be touched.
- Crew may also wear face masks if it is deemed necessary for the added safety of those being filmed.
Hair & Makeup
- If hair and make-up is required, to keep the 2m social distancing measures in place this will need to be self applied with direction.
- If any crew members, talent or client representatives are showing any of the following symptoms ahead of the shoot, they will need to self isolate for 14 days and the shoot will be postponed:
- High temperature
- New persistent cough
- Flu-like symptoms
- Once the shoot is complete the footage will be taken back to the GEM office to be backed-up at a time that is deemed safe given other staff members may be using the office.
- Post-production will then either be carried out by a crew member at home using a copy of the footage or in the office if there is adequate space available to work whilst maintaining social distancing.
THANKS. STAY SAFE. BRAVO!